Ayurvedic Home remedies for Monsoon diseases
1. Apply castor oil or sesame oil for cracked feet and skin.
2. A freshly prepared paste of turmeric, neem and sesame seeds is recommended in Ayurveda for fungal infection between toes.
3. Drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tea spoon of honey in empty stomach. This flushes out accumulated toxins.
4. Freshly prepared radish juice is the best remedy for cold.
5. A pinch each of long pepper powder and rock salt mixed in warm water reduces cough
6. The following home recipes can be used as home remedies for digestive disorders of monsoon
Ingredients: Rice-1/2 cup, Water -4 cups, Long pepper- 2or 3, Ginger -1'', Method of preparation: Cook rice with recommended quantity of water with crushed ginger and salt. Powder long pepper and fry it in a spoon of cow's ghee and add it to gruel. Consume this when it hot. This is very light to digest and relieves colic pain.
Ingredients: Rice -1/2 cup, Water - 4 cups, Ginger paste - 1/2 spoon, Salt to taste, Pomegranate juice: ½ cup, Method of preparation : Cook rice with recommended quantity of water with ginger paste and salt. Add pomegranate juice when the gruel is warm. This gruel rehydrates body and supply energy . This soothes inflamed walls of intestine and controls bowel movements.
Ingredients: ½ cup of rice, 4 cups of water, Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - powder-1/2 spoon, Roots of pippali or long pepper, Ginger paste -1/2 spoon salt to taste, Method of preparation: Cook Rice, haritaki powder , roots of pippali and water together. Add salt to it. Consume this when it is warm. This relieves flatulence and regularizes the bowel movement
Thus precautions coupled with care really help you to enjoy monsoon.
Have a healthy and safe monsoon.
Published with consent of author Dr. Savitha Suri, firstname.lastname@example.org