TEN KEYS TO HAPPINESS
Deepak Chopra, M.D.
1) Listen to your body's wisdom, which expresses itself through the signals of comfort and discomfort. When choosing a certain behavior, ask your body, "How do you feel about this?" If the body sends a signal of physical or emotional distress watch out! If the body responds with joy and comfort go for IT!
2) Live in the moment. The present is the only moment you have. Have your attention on what IS and see its fullness in every moment. Have psychological acceptance totally and completely that this present moment is as it should be. How could it be otherwise? This moment is as is because the universe is as is. Don't struggle against the universe.
3) Take time to be silent, to quiet the internal dialogue, to be guided by your intuition, rather than externally imposed interpretations of what is or is not good
4) Relinquish your need for approval. There is great freedom in that choice.
5) When you find yourself reacting with anger or violence to any person, situation, or circumstance recognize that you struggle only against yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself.
6) Know that those you react to strongly, whether you love them or hate them, are reflections of yourself. Use the mirror of relationship to guide your own spiritual evolution.
7) Shed the burden of judgment you will feel much lighter.
8) Donít contaminate your body with toxins either through food, drink, or toxic emotions.
9) Replace fear-motivated behavior by love-motivated behavior.
10) Understand that the physical world mirrors the process in our own consciousness. Cleaning up the environment and getting rid of the toxic wastes and dumps that contaminate our earth, its rivers, and oceans is worthwhile, but even more important is the flushing out of toxic ideas that contaminate the human mind.
Q 1992. Quantum Publications, Inc., P.O. Box 598, South Lancaster, MA015