Dr. Shekhar's Summery
Wellness Center - Ojas, LLC Newsletter
Five important ingredients - walnuts, avocados, ginger, orange zest and
lemons - make for an exciting summer recipe.
Makes 4 Servings
8 ounces quinoa penne
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
3 scallions, minced
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup organic sesame oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 ripe Hass avocados
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup orange zest
1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil quinoa penne according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Add the bell
pepper, carrot, green onions, olives, walnuts saute slightly.
3. Lightly toss the sauteed vegetables with the pasta to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining sesame oil, lemon juice, salt,
and ginger juice. Pit, peel and dice the avocado and add to the dressing,
tossing gently to coat.
4. Add the avocado mixture to the pasta mixture along with the basil leaves
and toss gently to combine.
5. Taste and enjoy in mindful eating with family and friends.